Thursday, October 13, 2011

Reflecion

1)What you have learnt in Semester 2
I have learnt that Google Sketchup is a bad software to use for designing my building and for use in general. Also, I have learnt about time management and how to manage my time more wisely. While doing the architectural design journal and the digital presentation board, I learnt more about how to use pages, photoshop and indesign. I found out many features which they have and how i can use them in completing the architectural design journal and the digital presentation board. Moreover, I have learnt that ADMT is a subject which I do not particularly enjoy.

2)Difficulties you encountered
I have encountered multiple difficulties while using Google Sketchup to design my building; often, Google Sketchup would crash while I was using it and when too many things are imported into it, it will start to lag very badly. Another difficulty I encountered was that the architectural design journal, the google sketchup model of my building and the digital presentation board was extremely time consuming because it required a lot of tedious work and many hours of research, which took up a lot of time. This prevented me from concentrating and completing many of the other homework and projects from the other subjects. Additionally, I encountered problems while submitting the architectural design journal, the google sketchup model of my building and the digital presentation board. The architectural design journal, the google sketchup model of my building and the digital presentation board were supposed to be submitted through the "ADMT Submit Folder" and on the day of submission, the "ADMT Submit Folder" was malfunctioning and thus, I could not submit the architectural design journal, the google sketchup model of my building and the digital presentation board through the "ADMT Submit Folder". Therefore, I had to copy the architectural design journal, the google sketchup model of my building and the digital presentation board into a thumbdrive which I borrowed from a generous friend and then pass it to my ADMT teacher Ms Seah for her to copy the architectural design journal, the google sketchup model of my building and the digital presentation board into her computer. This process took a lot of time and the architectural design journal, the google sketchup model of my building and the digital presentation board could have been submitted late and marks could have been deducted from the architectural design journal, the google sketchup model of my building and the digital presentation board.

3)How did you overcome them?
I did not.

4)How do you think you can do better?
I could have managed my time better so that I can complete the architectural design journal, the google sketchup model of my building and the digital presentation board in time and submit it in time so that marks would not be deducted from the architectural design journal, the google sketchup model of my building and the digital presentation board for late submission.

No comments:

Post a Comment